Log in

Wed, Mar. 4th, 2009, 03:59 pm
You got WHAT stuck WHERE?

Kellen's birthday was pretty pleasant. We let him open his "small" present at breakfast... A Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! Beanie Baby and a 4 pack of Benji movies on DVD. On the way out to the mall, I checked the mail... my Mom had sent him a birthday card with $20 in it... great timing, as we were going to Build-A-Bear. She pretty much paid for his black lab puppy (that he named "Satchel," of course!) so I was happy for the timing. Then we went to lunch at Chuck E Cheese... Shoshanna brought Nadia, Amy brought Amaya and her husband, and Steev even came for lunch! We stayed and played for 3 hours. After, we went to the video store, where we rented "Beverly Hills Chiuaua." We came home and watched it and made peanut butter rice krispy treats, then I made chicken strips and oven fries for dinner (Kellen s chicken nuggety things!) We put a candle in his rice krispy treat and sang "Happy Birthday" to him and gave him his "big" present... a "Go, Diego, Go!" game for the Wii. All in all, it was a fun day.

Today... we went to the dentist. Well, Tal and I did. I was WAY overdue for my cleaning and Tal needed to have the sealant put on his teeth. Kellen hung out with Grandma while we were there. Tomorrow... he's going for his 3 year check-up, plus I want the Dr to check out his cough. He's had it for 2 weeks now, and the last time he had one that long, it turned into a bronchial infection. Then tomorrow night, Tammy and Nicole are coming over and we're practicing a dance for our hafla at the end of the month.

Friday... nothing.

Saturday: Kellen's birthday party at 1. Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! is the theme, thanks to Kellen's genius. Kid couldn't pick something that is actually half-way popular, or at LEAST recognizable. No, he wants Wubbzy. So I'm having to improvise. Oh well... could be worse.

Sunday: Dance.

So, by now, I bet you're curious about my subject line.


I believe that I have a popcorn hull stuck in my right sinus passage.

Friday night, I ate a TON of popcorn at Tammy's house for Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad movie night. When I got home, I played Rock Band with Steev. At some point, I sneezed. Apparently, I still had some popcorn in my throat... I could feel the hull blast into my sinus cavity, where, despite blowing and snorting and sneezing, it has stayed since.

I'm not in a world of pain or anything... it's just uncomfortable at times and it makes my nose whistle on and off. I'm just afraid that either a) it's going to rot up there or b) cause a sinus infection, or c) all of the above.

I asked my dentist today if he had any recommendation on how to handle it. He said try the doctor. I decided to look online first... Most sites are recommending a sinus wash with either a bulbous thing or a neti pot. I had actually considered the neti pot approach before I looked online... guess after karate tonight, I'll be stopping by Walmart to pick one up, as I already tried the other method recommended... just snorting salt water. Didn't work. Other than the hull, I CAN breathe better now tho.

Blah. Only me.

PS... Good luck, Tal!!! He's testing for his yellow belt tonight!!!

Wed, Mar. 4th, 2009 10:06 pm (UTC)

my kids LOVE wubzy!